Low Cost of Flying Lessons!
Aircraft Rental Rates: (as of )
Our Training Aircraft - AMD - Alarus:
Compare to other training aircraft on Long Island (Cessna 172 or Piper Warrior):
On average, a student pilot on Long Island will need about 60-65 hours of flight time to get a private pilot license - our rates will save you well over $1000 on aircraft rental alone!
* At our airport there are NO landing fees (which can add hundreds of dollars to your final cost)!
How can we offer such a low aircraft rental rate?
1) We fly new aircraft => our maintenance costs are lower than schools with old planes.
2) Our planes have fuel efficient engines => we can pass along a $20/hr savings to you.
3) Thanks to our commitment to safety, we are rewarded with lower insurance costs.
4) We ask our clients to help us keep our overhead to a minimum!
We are currently charging $50/hr for instruction. We believe this is a competitive rate and this allows us to bring in the best flight instructors around. Let's face it, if your instructor is a low budget person "just building time to get to an airline job" then all the other factors involved in learning to fly won't make a difference!
©2015 - All Rights Reserved - American Airman, Inc.